There are many different options you can take when installing a WordPress site, but when we move blogs to WordPress we utilize several measures to ensure that your new website has rock-solid security and is nearly impervious to hackers.
We would like to say that our WordPress installs are 100% safe from hackers, but unfortunately, no website can make that claim. But the steps we take will give you the highest level of WordPress security your website can have.
Some of the security measures we put into place are:
- Preventing directory browsing
- Change database prefixes for added security
- Secure usernames and passwords
- Removing all traces of the version of WordPress you are running
- Prevent other websites from hotlinking your images
- Denying spambots from directly accessing your comment forms
- Protecting your .htaccess file
- Double measures to protect your very important config file (very important!)
- Disabling error messages that contain secure information
Alternatively, other measures at our disposal are:
- Allowing only certain people to access your WordPress admin area
- Preventing everyone but you to access your login page
- Protecting unauthorized access to your WordPress site’s other main folders
- Change the default WordPress directories location to help stop automated hacking scripts
- Take measures to prevent attacks on your website through SQL injections and other nefarious types of attacks.
This is just a sampling of the extensive methods we take at Blog Movers to make sure that the website you receive from us stays safe and secure long after it leaves our hands. We understand that your website is your livelihood, and our goal is to see your succeed with a WordPress site we either built or migrated for you!
Even if we’re not migrating a website for you, feel free to contact us for a quote on beefing up the security of your WordPress site.