Over the past few years I’ve noticed more and more people inquiring about moving their blog from HubSpot to WordPress. There are many reasons behind their desire to move, but reducing costs seems to be the reason I’ve heard most often.
Moving blogs to WordPress is something to consider when cutting expenses from your budget. WordPress is open source, and there are no monthly fees associated with using this software. So if you’re trying to save some money by moving from HubSpot to WordPress you’ve come to the right place.
Moving from HubSpot isn’t easy
Unfortunately, migrating from HubSpot isn’t that easy of a process. There is no export tool where you can easily export all your HubSpot content and import it into WordPress. Additionally, access to the database isn’t readily available so most users feel overwhelmed at the idea of manually importing their posts and comments from HubSpot to WordPress. Moving images from HubSpot is problematic for most people as well.
What you can expect with a HubSpot migration from Blog Movers
- Defining goals
- Together we will outline the steps in converting your HubSpot website to WordPress
- Contract and pricing
- An agreement on the scope of the project is made, and a signed contract is shared between us.
- Provide the necessary information
- To perform a successful migration, we will need information such as the HubSpot login credentials, hosting account info, and domain registrar info. Having this information speeds up the migration process and prevents needless delays in completing your project on time.
- All your posts get transferred to WordPress. Every last one of them
- All your pages make the trip as well, especially your crucial landing pages
- All your images are physically migrated over to your new WordPress website. No images are left hotlinked to your old HubSpot site, certain to be lost after a migration.
- Do you have videos on your website? We migrate those too and can even convert them to HTML5 video if you like
- Docs, PDFs, etc
- All your important documents get moved over so your business can continue to run smoothly
- All your blog posts are categorized with tags. We make sure that your migrated blog posts contain their original tags
- Custom theme to match your existing website
- We can easily create a custom WordPress theme that is identical to your current website
- Custom designed theme
- If you’re looking for a fresh new look after migrating from HubSpot to WordPress, we can design and build the perfect website for you!
- Stock WordPress theme
- Or you can simply opt to migrate your HubSpot website into one of the many free or premium WordPress themes available
- SEO Optimized Themes
- The WordPress themes we create are built using the best SEO standards in website development. Others may say the same thing, but we’re more than happy to back that claim up
- Responsive Design
- If you want visitors to easily connect with your site on any device, such as laptops, smartphones or tablets, then responsive design is a must. We can turn your desktop site into a universally accessible website.
- You won’t lose the value of any backlinks with our migrations! We ensure that all the proper 301 redirects are in place
- Broken Links
- A lot of sites we start to migrate contain broken links. We fix all broken links during migration so your website performs even better
- Broken Images
- Sometimes when migrating your website we’ll come across broken or bad images. We will either try and restore the image or remove it, which improves the overall performance of your website.
- Speed Optimization
- We build WordPress sites to run as fast as possible. Your visitors and search engines will appreciate this
- Every WordPress theme we build for our clients includes built-in microformats so search engines can better classify your content.
- Security Fixes
- The default WordPress installation has security flaws. We help protect your site by avoiding these default pitfalls and install your website properly.
- Certain files and folders need to be kept secure from prying eyes. We instill measures to help keep your core files secure.
- Automated Backups
- If things go bad and you need to get quick access to a backup copy of your website you’ll need to have an automated backup system in place. We can help set this up for you.
- Block hack attempts
- Blocking malicious users from hacking your website is key to your overall security. With a little preparation, we can secure your site from most forms of attack.
- HubSpot is expensive
- It isn’t uncommon for HubSpot users to pay $1,500 or more per month for the use of the HubSpot software and services. Lower end users might pay $200 – $300 a month. It is overwhelming to think that enterprise level users can end up paying well over $15,000 per year for their website, especially if they are not using their website to it’s full potential.
- WordPress is inexpensive
- In contrast to HubSpot, WordPress is free software. The only costs you will incur using WordPress are the web hosting charges which are usually less than $100 per year. A customized WordPress site, tailored to your business needs, is one of the most cost effective and profitable ways to improve your business.
- HubSpot features can be recreated
- Many of the features that make HubSpot appealing can be recreated. Mailing lists, newsletters, traffic analysis, etc. are all available and can be implemented into your new WordPress website.
- Migrating just makes sense
- If you consider the cost savings associated with migrating from HubSpot to WordPress, it just makes sense to switch.
- Training after the migration
- You are not left alone after your migration; we’ll provide instruction on how to use your new site so you can be comfortable in your new surroundings.
- Email accounts
- You may need your email accounts set up with your new host. We can instruct you on how to do that, or you can let us do it for you.
- Maintenance, management, and SEO
- If desired, continued maintenance, management, and SEO services are also available.
- Have questions?
- Questions or problems may arise in the future. We can help answer your questions.
We have migrated countless websites to WordPress from the HubSpot platform. The end result is always a website (or blog) with increased flexibility and lower monthly costs. Some of our clients have saved thousands of dollars every year by switching to WordPress.
Ready to migrate from HubSpot to WordPress?
We would love to be a part of your move to WordPress. If you are interested in pursuing a HubSpot migration, begin by getting a free, no obligation quote.