Over the past year I’ve noticed more and more people inquiring about moving their blog from HubSpot to WordPress. There are many reasons behind their desire to move, but reducing costs seems to be the reason I’ve heard most often.
Moving blogs to WordPress is something to consider when cutting expenses from your budget. WordPress is open source, and there are no monthly fees associated with using this software. So if you’re trying to save some money by moving from HubSpot to WordPress you’ve come to the right place.
Moving from HubSpot isn’t easy
Unfortunately, migrating from HubSpot isn’t that easy of a process. There is no export tool where you can easily export all your HubSpot content and import it into WordPress. Additionally, access to the database isn’t readily available so most users feel overwhelmed at the idea of manually importing their posts and comments from HubSpot to WordPress. Moving images from HubSpot is problematic for most people as well.
What you can expect with your website migration
- All your posts get transferred to WordPress. Every last one of them
- All your pages make the trip as well, especially your crucial landing pages
- All your images are physically migrated over to your new WordPress website.
- Do you have videos on your website? We migrate those too and can even convert them to HTML5 video if you like
- Docs, PDFs, etc
- All your important documents get moved over so your business can continue to run smoothly
- All your blog posts are categorized with tags. We make sure that your migrated blog posts contain their original tags
- You won’t lose the value of any backlinks with our migrations! We ensure that all the proper 301 redirects are in place
- Broken Links
- A lot of sites we start to migrate contain broken links. We fix all broken links during migration so your website performs even better
- Comments (if necessary)
- Not everyone wishes to migrate blog comments over, but if you desire this, it can be done
- Custom theme to match your existing website
- We can easily create a custom WordPress theme that is identical to your current website
- Custom designed theme
- If you’re looking for a fresh new look after migrating from HubSpot to WordPress, we can design and build the perfect website for you!
- Stock WordPress theme
- Or you can simply opt to migrate your HubSpot website into one of the many free or premium WordPress themes available
- SEO Optimized Themes
- The WordPress themes we create are built using the best SEO standards in website development. Others may say the same thing, but we’re more than happy to back that claim up
- Responsive Design
- If you want visitors to easily connect with your site on any device, such as laptops, smartphones or tablets, then responsive design is a must. We can turn your desktop site into a universally accessible website
- Complete Analytics Setup
- Google Analytics is much more than just the tracking code. We can fully set up your analytics so you’ll have complete knowledge of what is happening on your website
- Feedburner Migration
- If you use Feedburner for blog subscribers, don’t lose those readers with your address change! We can help you keep the readers you have after migrating
- Your website may need forms for allowing customers to contact you. We can create a variety of forms for your website ranging from simple contact forms to complex, multi-page forms
- Spam Protection
- Unfortunately, blogs are spam magnets. After every migration we perform we leave things set up to minimize the annoyance that blog spammers cause
- Speed Optimization
- We build WordPress sites to run as fast as possible. Your visitors and search engines will appreciate this
- Intense Security Measures
- We take WordPress security very seriously. That is why every WordPress site we create for our clients implements multiple layers of security to keep your business and website safer from hackers
- Customized Features
- Every website is unique in its own way and often requires creative solutions to achieve their desired goals. We can work with you to create the functionality you and your business needs
- HubSpot is expensive
- HubSpot has several plans to choose from, but you will pay a minimum of $2,400 a year to use their service. This isn’t cost-effective for most business owners.
- WordPress is inexpensive
- WordPress is free and open source software, and the primary recurring costs you will face are hosting fees and domain renewal fees. Domain renewals cost about $10/year and good hosting can be obtained for less than $100/year
- Many of HubSpot’s features can be recreated on WordPress
- HubSpot does have great features available for their users, and many of those features are easily replicated in WordPress through the use of plugins or custom programming
- WordPress gives you complete control
- The possibilities of what you can do with your own WordPress website are nearly endless. You are not bound by any restrictions other than your imagination
This is where we can help
We have migrated many websites to WordPress from the HubSpot platform. The end result is a website (or blog) with increased flexibility and lower monthly costs. Some of our clients have saved thousands of dollars every year by switching to WordPress. We would love to be a part of your move to WordPress. Contact us today and let’s discuss your needs.